Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Kingsport mobile home sellers calling us or submitting their mobile home info on this website every week saying “I’m moving and need to sell my mobile home in Kingsport“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their mobile home quickly (because we’re actively buying mobile homes in Kingsport TN right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change. It is important you work with someone who is kind, patient, and empathetic toward you and your ongoing situation.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant mobile home for several months or years. When you account for lawn care, lot rent, maintenance, taxes and other expenses that gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the housing market is relatively stable right now in Kingsport, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past few years after covid-19 and the mass migration to Tennessee began. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re moving and need to sell your Kingsport TN mobile home fast?
Moving And Need To Sell My Mobile Home Fast In Kingsport… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your mobile home is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost, no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the mobile home may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the mobile home. Need some helpful tips for selling your mobile home?
- Decide how fast you need to sell your mobile home after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen mobile home owners who moved out of state for a job who had their mobile home on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your mobile home… and how long you’re willing to keep making lot rent payments, paying for lawn care, maintenance, utilities, mortgage (if applicable) and tax payments.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the mobile home… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local mobile home buyer and we’d love to make you a fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your mobile home fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our mobile home for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this mobile home. The costs involved include the mortgage (if applicable), insurance, taxes, maintenance, lawn care, lot rent etc. Lets say you want to sell your mobile home for $20,000 and your mortgage payment is $535/mo, $450/mo for lot rent, taxes $70/yr, $150/mo for insurance, and $150/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,290/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that mobile home through a real estate agent for that $20,000… it cost you $9,035 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $3,500 in real estate agent fees (typical flat fee split between selling agent and buyer agent). That’s a total of $12,535 in LOST money. This math doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about the mobile home sitting on the market, the cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $17,000 after all the stress, expenses and time and effort. But, what if you were to sell your mobile home next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $15,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the mobile home NOW at a slight discount to a mobile home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Your time, money, and effort is worth so much more than this headache!
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Kingsport TN agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions and deal with the mounting holding costs… then a viable option may be to sell your mobile home to us.
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a mobile home that is in a good mobile home community , it is in good shape, and all the mechanicals are in working order, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a higher price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay in our current market for a home that needs no repair.
Most mobile homes are pretty similar, in reality. They tend to be like the other mobile homes around them due to their method of production from the factory. So unless your mobile home is truly above the rest, as in “straight out of the dealer lot”, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
Something to keep in mind: Mobile homes are capped at what someone is willing to pay for it. It is notorious for lenders to refuse to lend on mobile homes due to their nature to “depreciate”. Depreciation means that the values for mobile homes continue to decline over time after manufacture and delivery from the sales lot – much like cars. This is due to their status as vehicles, or personal property, and not real property (real estate). For this reason, a cash buyer (like us) is your go-to when selling your mobile home in Kingsport. Waiting for a buyer with a lender pre-approval can be counter productive. Lenders have very tight lending standards and often will not consider a mobile home over 15 years old and their process is very thorough, time-consuming, and increases your odds of getting repair proposals to bring the home up to the lender’s standards. Talk about stressful!
You can also win by marketing your mobile home for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers. Before offering your mobile home for rent, be sure to check with your mobile home park manager to confirm that this is allowed. The majority of Kingsport mobile home communities do not allow what is called sub-leasing.
Who Is Knoxville Mobile Home Buyer And How Can We Help You If You’re Moving And Need To Sell In Kingsport?
We’re investors. We support our families and improve the surrounding community and Kingsport mobile home communities by buying mobile homes from Kingsport mobile home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 1 day if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Are being evicted from the mobile home park
- Have liens or tax problems
- Need to relocate right away
- own a mobile home that needs repairs
- Can’t sell their mobile home for one reason or another (we buy mobile home in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
We are passionate about mobile homes and mobile home communities, and we believe in the Kingsport community.
We’re honest, straightforward, and empathetic.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash in as little as 1 day.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Kingsport real estate, so please feel free to call us at 865-263-3737 and chat with us anytime.